Does seeking a resolution with the University preclude me from filing a criminal complaint or pursuing legal recourse?

No. The University encourages you to seek whatever resolution is most comfortable to you. Any member of the community can report sexual misconduct or other crimes to the Yale Police Department or to the corresponding local police department. Additionally, if you decide to report a concern to the police, all university resources still remain fully available to you.